Thursday 17 April 2014

online review




      Although in the recent year Jackie Chan make many gaffes in public place repeatedly. I still cannot deny that Jackie is my hero in my childhood. As Judith Lung(龍懷騫) said, when the TV is screening Jackie Chan, this is night. The action films of Jackie Chan are very exciting that I had never felt weary although I had seen those films for many times. Among all the film of Jackie Chan, I like the Who am I? most.

      Who am I? This is the main concept thorough this film. The story is about the Central Intelligence Agency get a news that South Africa have a magic stone with some unknown power. Then they send 9 agents to wrest the stone. However, the head of South Africa branch want to monopolize the stone, so he plans an accident of plane to kill all the agents. Fortunately, only one agent survive and he is the main character of this film code 523 agent Jackie. Because of the shock of accident, Jackie had lost all the memories. After that he arrive a tribe and start to find his life experience.

      As we know most of Jackie Chans films genre is action, especially those films which he is director. When I was child, my heart was just caught by the simple but sprightly rhythm. I even try to imitate the action by Jackie Chan in the film, of course then my mother discover that and very angry. Beside of this, when I reviewed this film, I found that I could get more message that the Child me may not notice. Firstly, this film is published in 1998, as we all know, Hong Kong returned to China in 1997. At that time, many people may feel confused because they have not a clearly mind that what people they are. So in Who am I? they try to use a main character that lost his memories to represent Hong Kong people. Then with the proceeding of film, Jackie can meet many kind people and throw out the confused in his mind. They want to use the story to tell us although we may be feel lost now, we also can meet many people to guide us. It may be PRC or other people.

      To conclude, although Jackie Chans statement often being baffle, we should not forget his good result. In this film he success to encourage me and very interesting.


Lam Wai Lun 10420103

No comments:

Post a Comment